Thursday, January 26, 2012

Styling the little things

As you may or may not know, we are only in Vienna for a short time.  Seven months to be exact.  And, we're living in a furnished short-term rental.  So, decorating the apartment to my liking is pretty much out of the question.  All we brought with us is our suitcases.

However, I am exerting my styling influence on a couple of things that either currently exist here or that I brought with us.  For example, my beauty products that are currently sitting in the medicine cabinet.



While I was unpacking them, I placed them all on the shelf; I played around with them a bit and just thought they were kinda pretty all sitting there next to one another.  So, I took a picture.  Am I weird??  Okay...don't answer that!

Anyway, I can honestly say, for once, I am really happy with the beauty products I'm using.  And, my most recent purchase, the Nuxe Creme Fraiche, is by far the best facial creme I have ever used.  It is so rich and smells wonderful.  And, it is affordable.  I will be using this for a long, long time.  (I heard about it via jcrew tumblr - out of all places?).

8 comments:

  1. I love reading along about your adventures in Vienna! You are the second person I have heard mention the Nuxe Creme Fraiche in the past month...my very hip 85 year old friend uses it and she has the most beautiful complexion...I'm sold and ordering it today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you are not weird. We house voyeurs love seeing the inside of medicine cabinets. Especially when they are full of pretty product :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're no weirder than the rest of us crazy bloggers :) It's the little things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't we all inclined to look in each others' medicine cabinets? I've tried Nuxe Creme Fraiche before and have to agree...it is so smooth and very effective. And can we talk for a second about how perfectly coordinated your lipcolor, nail polish, and makeup bag is?

    ReplyDelete
  5. what's funny about this is that it's so completely normal! there is nothing that makes me happier than using good beauty products. thanks for the tip on the Nuxe Creme Fraiche...i was looking for a new moisturizer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not weird at all! I think blogging really gets you to not only figure out your style but also gives you a deeper appreciation for the beauty in things (such as styling pretty products in a medicine cabinet!). I took a few photos the other day of pretty things around my house and I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet it makes you happy every time you open up your cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, yes, your beauty products are gorgeous! I am constantly changing what I use. Would love to find something I love and want to stick with for more than a year!

    ReplyDelete