Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Dining Room (as it stands now)

First, a huge thank you for your sweet comments on yesterday's post.  I was flattered.

Now, onto our dining room, I wasn't able to completely finish my dining room.   Don't get me wrong - I think our dining room has come a long way, but the finishing details are definitely lacking.

If you remember, this was the inspiration.  


The goal was to lighten up the room.  So, how did we accomplish that? 

- We painted over the current wallpaper.  
- Purchased a natural jute rug.
- Installed custom made roman shades.
- Painted dining room table and chairs.
- Painted sideboard

What did NOT get accomplished?

- Painting of chandelier, hanging my federal eagle mirror and accessorizing.  So, here is our 

Dining Room BEFORE:


Dining Room AFTER:


It definitely is brighter and softer.  The wall color provides a calming backdrop, the natural rug is perfect for everyday use, the roman shades (more below) provide that much needed dose of color and pattern and the painted table and chairs help break up all the gold tones in the room.  


Another picture of the painted sideboard with the unhung mirror.  You can see the chandelier I was suppose to paint and never got around to it.


The DwellStudio Gate Citrine fabric used for my roman shades.  Isn't it lovely?  Melissa from Windows by Melissa really did a fantastic job (yet again).  They're perfect for our dining room.


If you need window treatments, don't hesitate to contact her!  She is a pleasure to work with.  Well, that is our dining room - What do you think?

Stay tuned for tomorrow, because I will be hosting an amazing giveaway from Melissa!!  It's a doozy!  

14 comments:

  1. So light and airy! Looks wonderful!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - what a great transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Your inspiration pic and colors are awesome!
    :)
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Fran! It's fresh and bright. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fran, your dining room looks incredible! Melissa's work continues to impress me. Will definitely check out the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fran, it's gorgeous!! Your dining room went from a gloomy day to a bright sunny day - it's amazing and so pretty. I love the color palette, love that Dwell fabric and how fantastic those roman shades are, and I kind of like the chandy as is too. Great collaboration!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, girl! The shades make the room. I'm making ones for my kitchen with the coordinating Dwell fabric. Love that punch of citrine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks beautiful! so relaxing yet sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a difference! Really. It has such a light-filled, bright and happy feel. Don't worry about not finishing it -- you're moving soon anyway! And pregnant. So you have a great excuse.

    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the way the Roman shades pop in the room. Have you thought about some chair cushions in a contrasting color and pattern for your dining chairs?

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a huge difference, Fran. It is really lovely--so light and bright and a breath of fresh air. Your sideboard vignette continues to floor me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, it's so beautiful!! It feels so fresh and bright now. I have a sample of the Dwell fabric at home and I love it.

    ReplyDelete